Around 1976 we had Pong. Later, we bought a Bally console that had games on cartridges and even allowed us to write BASIC programs. Played on Apples, TRS80s, 8-bit Ataris, Commodore Pets and 64s and the early consoles: Atari VCS, Intellivision, Sega and on into the Nintendo world. The graduation from DOS to Windows at the same time that BBSes were getting more sophisticated and the Mac came out opened a remarkable new world of gaming. And then the advent of real online gaming: MUDs and then on to the MMO...it's just amazing what we've seen over 30-40 years. I can't start to imagine what we'll be playing in the next thirty but I'm sure I'll still be playing.
Top Network Posts
- 73How do I find Dungeons in Minecraft?
- 38Best answer for people concerned about RPG activities being occult or dangerous?
- 21When mapping the surface of a sphere with tiles, how might you deal with polar distortion?
- 17How to deal effectively with a player unable to lose?
- 16Why does reproduction fall off around ten years in?
- 15Is it feasible to compost in an apartment in a city like New York?
- 13What factors should I consider when deciding if cob construction is appropriate?
- View more network posts →