Nominations have ended! Those of you who signed up for bounties and were matched have been pinged. Go go go!
OMG BOUNTY PROCESS 2012
Last year a bunch of us gave away a bunch of rep and that seemed to go over pretty well, so I thought perhaps we could do it again this year. It's a fun way to use rep to benefit the community as a whole by rewarding exceptional questions and answers.
I'd like to expand it a bit and get a bit better organized, so here's what's going to happen:
- Between now and December 17th - nominate questions (or answers) for bounties by posting a link and a short reason why as an answer to this question.
- Vote up answers to this question that you think are deserving of a bounty.
- On December 17th, we will lock this question.
- If a nomination (consisting of an answer to this question) has a score between 0 and 4, it will earn 50 rep. 5-9 = 100 rep, 10-14 = 150 rep, and so forth.
- The Bounty Distribution Team will award bounties by leaving the question bountied for approximately a week starting on the 18th and awarding the bounty on the 24th.
If the bounties to be awarded are more numerous than can be accommodated by the Bounty Distribution Team in one pass, we will continue this process of as many bounties we can issue, leaving each one on for a week if possible.
You may nominate a question or answer for whatever reason (since you're hoping for votes to get the bounty higher, you should be convincing!) - here are the "standard" bounty reasons for reference:
- Authoritative reference needed - Looking for an answer drawing from credible and/or official sources.
- Canonical answer required - The question is widely applicable to a large audience. A detailed canonical answer is required to address all the concerns.
- Current answers are outdated - The current answer(s) are out-of-date and require revision given recent changes.
- Draw attention - This question has not received enough attention.
- Improve details - The current answers do not contain enough detail.
- Reward existing answer - One or more of the answers is exemplary and worthy of an additional bounty.
Now's a perfect time to get an outdated answer updated, get an answer broadened to help answer the general case question better, acknowledge an underrated answer, or reward a particularly in-depth answer, among other reasons.
Do note that bounty system restrictions mean that we can't give a second bounty on a question unless it is larger than the previous bounty. This means that if you nominate a question that has had a bounty already, you're going to have to convince a lot of people that it needs yet another one.
OMG BOUNTY DISTRIBUTION TEAM
- agent86 - committing to award the three largest bounties, however high they may reach.
- badp has also expressed interest in joining, no details yet.
- bwarner becomes a repeat offender with 200 rep
- sarge_smith seasons our holiday cooking with 200 rep
- FAE is in danger of putting an eye out by throwing 500 rep at us
- Bora is feeling in a festive mood with 150 rep
- GnomeSlice is holding out on us, offering 50 rep
- AshleyNunn makes it rain (snow?) with 500 rep
- Ullallulloo does us good with 50 rep
- fredley is too cool for school and is doing his own thing like a rebel. And is also offering 200 rep. What a conformist
- Fluttershy is ponying up 200 rep
- LessPop_MoreFizz is keeping his cards close to his chest and knows when to fold.
- Jeffrey Lin wants to give a little bit, give a little bit of his rep to ussss with 150 rep.
- Fredy31 gives in 100 rep, and an angel gets it's wings!
- Ender shows up with a holiday donation of 500 rep
- Steve V. corrupts the holiday cheer with the mark of his beastly 200 rep
If you'd like to be on the Team, leave a comment with how much rep you're willing to donate, and I'll do my best to get everyone matched up with an appropriate bounty award (or awards, however that works out). I will ping the team members in the comments and let you know how to apply your bounties when it's time to get to awarding.