Update: We are at 15 people! psychonic says: I'm still awaiting contact from a few of them. If you still have interest, feel free to reply, although I cannot guarantee you a key. Regardless, everyone that received one also received three guest passes and I hear that the game is going on sale on Steam soon (...as in, next week)
The short version: Want a free copy of Nuclear Dawn? You need 300 rep on Gaming, be in the Nuclear Dawn steam group, be willing to play the game, and be willing to ask or answer 6 questions in the next 2 weeks. Read on for details...
Nuclear Dawn is a hybrid FPS/RTS game published by Interwave Studios. A good friend of mine works there, and he is looking to get the word out about the game and celebrate their most recent update. I, of course, suggested we give away free games to the good people of the Gaming.SE community.
Here's what you've got to do:
- Review the system requirements to make sure you can run the game.
- Have 300 rep on Gaming.SE! Gain reputation by contributing good questions and answers to the site.
- Join the Nuclear Dawn group on Steam.
- Post an answer to this question (this one that you are reading right now), and include your Steam profile link. You'll get a friend invite from psychonic who will hook you up with your free copy.
- Play the game! Get out there and enjoy it. If you like it, tell your friends :)
- Post at least 6 things in the next 2 weeks with the nuclear-dawn tag - these can be questions OR answers. Stuff that's garbage (closed or negative score) does not count :)
Now the fine print:
Copies are limited! We have around 15 to give out, and they will be given out first-come first-serve. This giveaway ends on April 12th, 2012, or when all copies have been given away.
Although I have permission from the SE team to do this, this is not an official SE event. There's no tie between this and the "official" gaming grant(s) or other site promotions/contests, so your participation in this event will not affect any further SE-sponsored activities. However, I reserve the right to disqualify people from future "cool things" that I may get access to in the future if you participate in bad faith.